Creamy Chocolate Oatmeal - Sweet and healthy breakfast
Welcome back to AirVape’s Recipe of the Month. Our August recommendation is this creamy chocolate oatmeal, that works like a treat, a breakfast, or just a heartwarming meal.
What we love about oatmeal so much is that it is cheap, healthy, delicious, works great as a sweet or savory food. You can eat it plain, top it with fruits or nuts, you can make it with vanilla, chocolate, or cinnamon. There can be cooked in water, milk, or plant milk, so really there is a thousand way you can make this dish, it all depends on your creativity.
If AVB is new to you and not quite sure what is it, or how to save and use it, go ahead and check out our AVB guide. You can find the basics and some cool tricks and tips on how to get the most out of your already vaped bud. Also, you can find previous recipes here.
Note: While you are going through our AVB Guide, you can also find tips, how to water cure your AVB (takes away the strong scent of weed) or how to make cannabutter (you can use it for cooking), so make sure you check that out.
So as we mentioned above, oatmeal is such a versatile food, you can really turn it into anything you want.
If you go to the supermarket, you probably will see steel-cut oats, old-fashioned or rolled oats, and quick (instant) oats. All 3 types of products are great, just keep in mind, that steel-cut oats take the longest to cook, because those are the least processed.
We are going to recommend old-fashioned oats for this recipe because it is still nutritious and plain but takes much faster to cook it.
The great thing about this recipe, that is creamy and sweet, but can be completely guilt-free. The raw cocoa powder produces a chocolatey sticky texture, that feels and tastes like a chocolate pudding without tons of added sugar.
Not even mention that infusing it with AVB can give you de perfect high. - in this case, we suggest that you have it as an afternoon treat, not as breakfast ;)
Creamy AVB Chocolate Oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- 2 cups of liquid (water, milk, or plant based milk)
- 1 tbs raw cocoa powder
- Sweetener (brown sugar, stevia, agave, anything you would use)
- 3-4 g of water cured AVB (depending on your tolerance - use 2 g if you are just experimenting)
- Mixed nuts
- 1 banana
- 2-3 strawberries
- Coconut flakes
- Anything you like
- Pour the rolled oats, the AVB, and the liquid into the saucepan.
- Set the stove to medium heat and start to heat the mixture while you stirring it.
- Add the cocoa powder and sweetener
- When it starts to boil bring the stove to low heat and keep stirring your mixture until the oats are soft.
- Adding the cocoa powder might make the mixture too thick so add a little bit more liquid if it is necessary.
- When the mixture is soft and thick it is done.
- Put the mixture in 2 bowls and add your toppings.
Tip: Be creative, you can use dried or fresh fruits, nuts, nut butter, anything you like.