Vaping on public transport
Posted by APOLLO AIRVAPE
Let me give you a scenario you are in a rush for work, it is one of those mornings where everything just does not go as planned. You finally get to your car and guess what, jip it does not want to start. You get out and decide to take the bus or train to work. But quick question can you vape on public transportation? Read on to find out.
Vaping on a bus is not illegal but it has been banned by several bus companies to consider the other passengers on the bus. When it comes to passengers vaping in train carriages, it has also been banned.
There was a time when train stations allowed vaping, but it has been now banned. The main reason for this is because other passengers may feel uncomfortable or they might think that they can now smoke real cigarettes.
Can you vape while being on a boat cruise?
To be on the boat and being able to experience the sea around you in the daytime and the starry skies at night can be so relaxing and what can make it better than this? To be vaping while doing this. But can you vape on this public transportation? Can you take your vaporizer with you and what are the rules?
There are no special places to vape at and you will have to use the same area as the smokers. But every cruise company has its policy of using your vape pen. Here are some of the regulations of popular cruise lines:
- Carnival allows you to use your vaporizer in designated exterior open deck areas and common areas like nightclubs, casinos. But the Carnival Vista and Carnival Sunshine does not allow vaping indoors at the casino or bar. Royal Caribbean you are allowed to vape at the designated outdoor areas of the starboard side of its ships.
- Princess Cruises you can use your vape pen mod in your room but not on the balcony.
Okay now, what if you vape somewhere on the cruise that you are not allowed to? Most of the cruises will charge $250 fine for violating their vaping policy.
How to pack your vape and e-liquids for the cruise?
There are strict guidelines when it comes to ships or planes regarding vaping because of the lithium-ion battery that can cause a fire when it overheats.
So pack your vaporizer to the following regulations:
- Remove your battery and remember to take an extra battery with you. A battery case will come in handy so that your batteries don’t get damaged.
- If you have a vaporizer that can’t remove its battery, make sure that your device is turned off by the button and that it is secure so that it can’t come on by accidentally.
- Putting your vaporizer in its original box is a great idea because the device will fit perfectly inside the box and will not move around.
- Remember to take extra of your replaceable components
How should I pack my e-juices?
Firstly, decide on how much juice you are going to need for your trip. You can store your e-juice in plastic bottles inside a plastic bag that has a zipper.
Here are some tips if you are going by plane:
- Make sure to remove the parts of your vaporizer that can be removed
- You can keep all of your vaping gear in your check-in luggage
- Your e-liquids must be stored in bottles that are no bigger than 100ml
Can I vape on a plane?
TSA Vape Rules 2020
Here is a summary of the 2020 TSA vape rules for taking an e-cig, mod, or vape juice on an airplane:
- No e-cigs, batteries, or any vape devices allowed in checked luggage.
- You are allowed to take your vape on a plane as long as it is on your person or in a carry-on bag.
- Check with the individual airline to ensure they allow vapes on a plane per TSA regulation.
- Can you bring an e-liquid on a plane? Yes, you can carry on up to 100 ml, or 3.4 ounces, of vape juice on a plane.
- Vape juice bottles above 100 ml must be packed in checked baggage.
Going Through Security with Your Vape:
- If carrying a vape on your person, show it to the TSA officer, or security officer in any given country.
- If the vape is in carry-on bags, remove it and show it to security before putting it in the tray.
- The TSA agent will have discretion and make the final determination to allow you to travel with your vape.
That is the list of TSA rules for flying with e-cigs as of 2020.
So if you want to vape and you are going via a bus, train, ship, or plane remember to look at the rules and regulations before going. You do not want to get a fine for violating their policy. Enjoy vaping by respecting the rules.