Wake and Bake
Posted by APOLLO AIRVAPE
The wake and bake -the idea of smoking cannabis just after waking up — is a familiar one to cannabis lovers. When it comes to the habit of smoking a joint within an hour of waking up, 21.9 percent of American cannabis users adhere to it—the highest proportion of any country.
Mexico (18.4%), Greece (15.9%), Canada (14.9%), and Brazil (14.9%) round out the top five (14.3 percent ).
Wake and bake is clearly a well-known component of cannabis culture across the globe, and there are good reasons for this.
Where does the term ‘wake and bake’ come from?
"Wake and bake" is a term used to describe the practice of smoking or eating marijuana as soon as one wakes up each morning. The “wake” part is easy, whereas “baked” is a slang term for feeling high.
Though the origins of this practice are unknown, it is widely believed that Grateful Dead followers popularized it in the 1960s.
The effects of consuming cannabis right after waking up
According to popular belief, indulging in a morning cannabis hit is more potent than doing so at night.
---> More on how to get higher <---
The argument that marijuana is more powerful when the body hasn't had to metabolize any nutrients for a long period of time is a credible one. It might possibly be because you're still drowsy following a night of sleep.
The body's endocannabinoid system (ECS), which mediates the majority of cannabis' effects, offers a more fascinating explanation. Cannabinoid receptors, enzymes, and endocannabinoids make up this system.
Circadian rhythm, the 24-hour internal clock that regulates when we get up, feel hungry, and go to sleep, has an effect on the ECS, which in turn may be able to regulate it.
Endocannabinoids, receptors, and enzymes — all three components of the ECS — have been shown to change throughout the day, according to research.
When healthy persons were studied, it was discovered that anandamide levels, one of the two primary endocannabinoids, were three times greater three hours after waking up than they were just before sleep.
2-AG, the second most important endocannabinoid, was also studied in 2015 and shown to be lowest in midsleep, followed by a quick increase in the morning and a peak in the early to midafternoon.
The increased impacts of a wake and bake may be due to the daily variability of the ECS, but further study is required to determine the best way to utilize this knowledge.
How to wake and bake the right way
Smoking a joint or Vape some dry herb after waking up is a simple part of the wake and bake lifestyle. However, if you use the incorrect dosage or chemovar, your morning may be hampered rather than improved. If you want to have a better cooked morning, try these suggestions:
- To begin, use energetic strains to get your day off to a good start and prevent dozing off again.
- Do not restrict yourself to only smoking. A bong, bowl, or joint may be used for the traditional wake and bake, but an edible, tincture, or capsule may be used in its place. This may help you avoid the ups and downs that come with smoking/inhalation for a longer period of time.
- Decide if you want to relax or do something. For example, if you get up early and bake before work, you may want to keep your THC dose moderate.
- There are different types of cannabis that you may wish to look into: Indica, Sativa and Hybrid. Indica will help you relax, Sativa will make you more creative and uplifted. More on this here!
- Other hobbies that go well with marijuana may be included in your wake and bake. Listen to your favorite music, do some mild exercise, or even walk outdoors for some fresh air if you like.
- Additionally, the "hippie" or "Seattle speedball" is a popular way to drink coffee that includes a wake-and-bake. Attempts to combine the two have shown conflicting results. Coffee and THC together have been shown to impair memory in rats, while excessive coffee intake has been shown to diminish the levels of endocannabinoid system metabolites in humans.
Pros and cons of wake and bake
The following are some possible wake and bake benefits:
- a more positive outlook on the day ahead
- Getting out of bed is easier.
- Breakfast is more enjoyable.
- stronger than a nicotine rush afterward
There are, however, some possible drawbacks:
- Premature sleep deprivation lowers productivity and increases the risk of becoming distracted.
- Developing a regular routine and tolerance for it is easier.
- Tobacco use at this time of day becomes less pleasurable.
What are the best strains to use for wake and bake?
For a wake and bake, it's ideal to go for invigorating, uplifting, and motivational strains. Sativas are often used to describe them, although the chemical makeup of the plant is a better guide.
Cannabis strains with a high THC content, such as:
The balanced CBD is an alternative if you're looking for something a little more relaxing. Harlequin, a cannabis classic, or Lifter and Sour Space Candy, CBD-rich alternatives.
Chocolope and Chocolope Thai are a must-have for chocolate lovers and coffee aficionados alike. Aside from the fact that strains might be deceptive, greater attention should be put on the chemical composition of a substance.
To wake and bake, or not to wake and bake?
When it comes down to it, it's a matter of personal preference. Consider your day's schedule, your aim for smoking, and the cannabis you have accessible to you before smoking a joint in the morning.
Consuming cannabis early thing in the morning may be beneficial, but it can also lead to the negative effects of chronic cannabis usage and abuse. Early in the morning, THC tolerance begins growing; you may not feel any euphoria from THC at all by the end of the day if you continue using it throughout the day.
On the other hand, the wake and bake might be a terrific getaway from a routine Monday morning for folks who perform well while high, have important medical demands in the morning, or just wish to take the day off.