A gourmet dish with a spin - Quiche with AVB
Welcome back to AirVape’s Recipe of the Month. Our July special is a delicious Quiche, that maybe not be the easiest to prep, but sure it is tasty, healthy, and works anytime.
Don’t get intimidated by the French (or at least we believe - some says it is actually from Germany) dish, that sounds fancy and… well, it is:) However Quiche requires some preparation, once all the ingredients in the bowl you just toss it in the oven and chill and wait until it is ready.
You can serve it hot or cold, it freezes well, and of course, it is a great way, to get your daily dose of AVB.
If AVB is new to you and not quite sure what is it, or how to save and use it, go ahead and check out our AVB guide. You can find the basics and some cool tricks and tips on how to get the most out of your already vaped bud. Also, you can find previous recipes here.
Note: While you are going through our AVB Guide, you can also find tips, how to water cure your AVB (takes away the strong scent of weed) or how to make cannabutter (you can use it for cooking), so make sure you check that out.
Quiche can be made in many ways, if you know your way around the kitchen you can try different ingredients, but if you just want to keep it simple that works as well. We are going to give a simple recipe, that later on you can expand and add anything else you want.
Quiche with AVB
- pre-made pie crust (you can buy it in any grocery store)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 cup cold cuts (choice of your favorite deli ham)
- 5 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 75 cup milk or heavy cream (fatty cream works great with AVB)
- 4-6 g of water cured AVB (depending on your tolerance)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- If you gut a crust with a plate just remove any plastic wrapping, if you don’t grab a pie plate, unroll the crust and press it into the plate.
- Take a big bowl and put the eggs, cream, AVB, salt, and pepper in it and whisk it.
- Chop the ham and the onion and put in the mixture, stir it well. Add 0.5 cup of shredded cheese too.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and sprinkle the leftover cheese on the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the mixture is completely baked. You can test it with a fork. Stick it in the middle of the quiche and if there are no egg pieces on it, the quiche is ready.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes slice it like you would do it with a cake and enjoy!
Tips: You can mix it up with extra veggies, like spinach, mushrooms, or bell pepper, just make sure you sauté them and cook away all the excess water before mixing it with the eggs. These veggies tend to water down your quiche if you don’t pre-cook them.
Cutting calories: If you watch your lines or just not a big fan of the crust you can leave it all out. Make sure you grease the pie plate with butter or oil so the quiche comes out easily once it is baked.
Just collecting these few ingredients and following the steps above you can create a delicious and healthy full meal infused with AVB.
Always watch out for dosage, if you are not sure, add less AVB at the begging and later increase the amount.