How Does A Bong Work With A Vape?
Posted by APOLLO AIRVAPE
Vaporizers and bongs are only two of the many tools available for getting high on cannabis. As marijuana gets more widely legalized, alternative smoking and ingesting methods are becoming familiar to meet the user's needs. The use of a bong and vape is among two of these methods.
You're probably wondering, "How does a bong work with a vape?" This in-depth guide answers this question by dissecting the essential components of each approach and providing you with a foolproof understanding.
Bong Vs. Vape: What's The Difference?
While both bongs and vapes can help you get high, their mechanisms are quite different. To use a bong, simply place the marijuana in the bong bowl, light it, and inhale the smoke.
In contrast, a vape just heats the marijuana rather than burning or combusting it. So instead of inhaling the smoke (a by-product of burning or combustion), you're inhaling the THC from the cannabis. But, in order to offer you a better grasp of these two methods, let's dig deeper into their key differences!
A bong, also known as a billy or a bubbler, is a water pipe that you can use to burn marijuana and generate smoke. The smoke is what you inhale to experience the weed's effects.
Bongs are available in a variety of styles, shapes, and sizes. The most traditional bong, in fact, is a glass tube that is most popular among Thais as a method of consuming cannabis.
A bong consists of two parts: a bowl and a chamber. Colorful elements light up when you smoke cannabis and inhale it in some of the most costly and contemporary bong designs.
How to use a bong?
You simply pour water into the bong's bottom when in use to burn the weed. Smoke rises through the water and into the chambers as you burn the cannabis, where it is filtered and chilled before you inhale it.
Vaporizers function a little differently – they don't burn the cannabis, so their method is considered smokeless. Instead, they gently heat the marijuana at a lower temperature when you add it to a vaporizer.
As a result, cannabinoids and terpenes are extracted into a vapor without actually burning the weed and generating hazardous smoke.
Depending on the style and kind of vape, you can use cannabis flower or cannabis concentrate. Furthermore, more costly vaporizers enable you to regulate the temperature, which means you can control the number of cannabinoids and terpenes produced.
The two primary forms of heating used in vaporizers are conductive and convective.
Using the conductive heating feature, vaporizers extract cannabinoids directly from flowers or extracts on an electrically heated metal or screen. The screen or metal works as a hot plate when heated to the right temperature, driving heat through the chamber and vaporizing the cannabinoids.
Although there are no heating components used in convective heating, the herb is still heated. Instead, the vapor is transported to the chamber with the help of a fan or by inhaling it. Vaporizers, like bongs, come in a variety of forms and sizes, notably whip-style and bag-style.
Whip vaporizers include tubing that connects to the mouthpiece via which you inhale.
In bag-style vaporizers, a food-grade plastic bag is connected to a heating chamber. During the heating phase, the vapor is transported to the bag through a fan built into the vaporizer. As a result, vaporizers in the bag type are generally bigger.
Apart from their functioning principles, bongs and vapes have a few other distinctions, the most notable of which is their potency. The high impact varies depending on how cannabinoids and terpenes are extracted from each technique.
The effects of smoking weed differ from those of vaping. When using a bong, for example, you may inhale a lot of smoke in only one or two hits.
This means that the weed is swiftly absorbed into your system, and the benefits are noticed nearly instantly.
On the other hand, a vape is used in the same manner as a cigarette or joint.
This means you will feel the effects more slowly and in lesser amounts when opposed to using a bong. However, this isn't the only difference between bongs and vapes in terms of the high.
Keep in mind that cannabis gets burned in a bong. As a result, when you inhale it, you will experience a reasonably clear high while also feeling a harsh impact.
Vaping creates vapor instead of smoke.
Therefore, the inhaling procedure will be lighter and less intense without compromising the high impact.
But why is this the case?
It is due to the way terpenes are affected by heat or burning. The structure of the terpenes is eventually affected by the burning process, which influences the flavor, fragrance, and the high. On the other hand, heating preserves the terpenes to a large extent. That's why when you vape, you don't get the same overwhelming experience.
Can I Use A Bong With A Vape?
Most cannabis users like both tools because of the advantages they provide. Getting your marijuana fix using a bong is a fantastic experience, owing to the quick high and satisfaction. On the other hand, smokers prefer the smoother sensation of vaping to the harsh sense of their lungs and throat being clawed at.
The good news is that by combining the benefits of a bong with a vape, you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
Furthermore, you may quickly adapt a vape to connect it to your bong. All you'll need is a vape-to-bong attachment to accomplish so. These add-ons are basically intended to make your vaping experience better.
How Does A Bong Work With A Vape?
You will find a variety of bong-to-vape adapters in various sizes and styles on the market. Despite the fact that their designs and forms differ, their functioning mechanisms are essentially the same.
All you have to do now is use the adaptor to attach the vape to a water pipe. Doing so allows you to filter hot vapors and considerably cool them down. As a result, you'll be able to draw bigger hits without irritating your throat or lungs.
Pros and Cons Of Using Bong And Vape
There's no doubt that both a bong and a vape have their advantages and disadvantages. To choose between the two, you must first determine what works for you and what doesn't. The following are some of the significant advantages and disadvantages of using the two tools:
Pros Of Using A Bong
● Maintenance is easy - cleaning a bong requires you to soak it in hot water or flush it with a cleaning solution
● Bongs only depend on the smoking mechanism (and water to cool the smoke), so you don't have to invest in batteries or worry about the power supply
● Bongs give you a much more potent and faster hit
● The hits you take from a bong are smoother since they're cooled down from water filtration, causing less irritation to your throat
● Most of the bongs you'll come across in the market are more affordable than vapes
● Bongs don't have a steep learning curve – it's just like you are smoking a joint!
Cons Of Using A Bong
● Some bongs may be unsafe. For example, some plastic bongs still contain dangerous chemicals such as BPA and phthalates
● Bongs are relatively easy to break, which could make the replacement cost add up over time
● You are at risk of developing infectious diseases such as pulmonary tuberculosis if you share your bong
● After smoking via a bong, you will have a lingering unpleasant odor in your mouth
● Using a bong can often cause you to be breathless, which may lead to more severe problems
Pros Of Using A Vape
● Most vapes are bong compatible – so when you want to link the two, you don't have to invest in a new vape or bong
● Connecting a bong with a vape means you can experience big hits and a quicker high
● You can enjoy a much more pronounced flavor, allowing you to taste the individual terpenes rather than the smoke
● Vaping releases a much more discreet and concealed odor, so you don't have to worry about the smoke aftertaste
● It's somewhat safer to use a vape. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the smoke from bongs is harmful to the lungs since it may contain carcinogens produced during the combustion process. Additionally, direct smoke from bongs can cause lung scarring and damage small blood vessels.
● You don't have to worry about the irritating sensation in your throat because using the vape, and there's no combustion or real smoke. A good quality vape also filters out unwanted particles such as tar
● Using a vape will keep your teeth much cleaner since you will not be inhaling smoke and other particles
Cons Of Using A Vape
● A vape requires batteries or power (depending on the design) to run it
● While vaping is reported to offer a much cleaner high, this method still has some adverse effects on one's health. Some of the risks may not come from the vaping itself but rather the chemicals used, such as thinning agents used in cannabis oil concentrates.
Which Method Feels Better?
Each method comes with its own advantages. The most sought-after advantage that bongs offer is their quick high since they allow you to get bigger hits. This makes bongs perfect for those who suffer from anxiety, depression, pain, or simply smokers that want a quick hit.
However, they come with disadvantages that may be a turn-off for many people. The most notable one is their working mechanism, which mimics smoking. This means you put yourself at the same health risks as you would from smoking a joint or cigarette.
Plus, bongs are not portable and break relatively easily. Vaporizers, on the other hand, work best for individuals who want a cleaner high.
Using a vape, you don't have to worry about your lungs or throat taking a hit from the smoke.
You are also at less risk of causing lung or throat tissue scarring or damage to the small blood vessels. Another reason why you may want to go for a vape is that they are portable and odorless. However, you may have to pay a bit more for a vape than a bong.
With that said, the best part about these two tools is that you can use them both together. So, you can experience the smoothness of vaping (no smoke or irritation) with the same big hits you get from a bong.
All you have to do is invest in an additional adapter or bong-to-vape attachment. As an added plus, most vapes are bong compatible. Therefore, you will not have to invest in a different vape to enjoy this attachment!
Both bongs and vapes have proven to boast benefits favored by many smokers. However, each tool also comes with its drawbacks. As a result, the best way to enjoy your weed safely and with optimal satisfaction is by using a bong with a vape.
You will be able to get your big and fast hits without worrying about the unpleasant sensations from the smoke or any health risks!